jueves, junio 30, 2005

Go Nats! and Chumados...

So Jay and I went to the Nat's vs. Pirates game last night (we eventually won 3 - 2). We were sitting in a box at RFK. Who knew RFK had "luxury boxes"? and by luxury I mean that it was 900 degrees outside and the heat was on and blasting inside. I have been coming to this stadium since I was (please say in an Irish accent) a Wee Little One, and had no idea this land above the seats exhisted. I bet it was all fancy pants back in the day. But anyway, it was catered with some tasty grub, had lots of beer, soda and water, a great wait staff and was free, so I'm not complaining in the least.

TV Guide was hosting some marketing people from the Discovery Networks and I was lucky enough to be invited. And, Jay is lucky enough to know me, he he...Anyway, the game was in a major rain delay for about an hour, actually longer due to the grounds crew's performance, or should I say lack there of. The Nat's really need to get on hiring some more help out there. They barely had enough people to pull the tarp over the field. They couldn't get the tarp over the third base line and then when it came time to get the tarp off of the field and folded back up it was like watching an episode of Benny Hill. Okay, without the women in their underwear but the super speed and the music were there man! You could just feel it! And they even ended up utilizing the "man" power of the ball girls and parking attendants from outside the stadium. It was a riot.

Anyway, it was all kind of fun b/c I have never experienced a rain delay in person and let me tell you, if your going to experience one it is best done when you have protection from the rain and food and drink to keep you busy. So, enjoy some pic's from the game and remember to cheer on the Chumados tonight the way we cheered on the Nat's last night!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jal J said...

The "luxury" boxes at the old Veterans Stadium in Philly were probably in the same condition as the RFK boxes. I had the pleasure of seeing some Phillies and Eagles games there while working for Brooks Data Services in Wilmington. Like you said... free grub and beer, what's not to like? Good Luck Chumados!

8:16 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home